Advanced Diagnostic Examinations
At Laguna Eyes Optometry PC, quality eye care is our number one priority. Our eye doctors and staff provide our patients with the highest quality care and personalized service and attention. We believe in building long term relationships with our patients and treat each patient as we would a friend or family member. At Laguna Eyes Optometry PC, we utilize all the latest technological advancements to provide our patients with the most thorough and efficient eye examination available, both for their vision and for their ocular health. Learn more about our advanced diagnostic examination capabilities.
i.Profiler® plus by ZEISS
This instrument combines a high resolution Hartmann-Shack wavefront sensor with an Atlas corneal topographer. In a matter of seconds, it will provide details about a patients visual system, including low light vision quality measures and glare sensitivity factors. It provides a precise profile of each eye, akin to a fingerprint. This allows for the generation of an optimized prescription termed iScription.
This state of the art centration device allows for precise digital measurements of position of wear and patient alignment parameters for optimization of customized spectacle fabrication based on an individual’s unique anatomy and each frame’s unique physical properties.
i.Scription by ZEISS — the outcome is the key
A combination of the data provided by iProfiler Plus and subjective refraction allows for an optimized prescription termed i.Scription. This personalized correction provides excellent vision by maximizing visual performance across a broader range of viewing conditions. Benefits include:
- Better night/low light vision
- Better visual contrast
- Better color vision
To allow our doctors to detect ocular health issues at their earliest stages, we realize the value of advanced technology and continue to invest in the practice to stay on the cutting edge of eye care. In addition to traditional eyecare assessments, Doctors William and Alicia Harrison constantly update their ocular health exam procedures with state of the art technology. Technology allows them to image various layers of the eyeball and allow for early detection and precise management of such conditions as diabetic retinopathy, macular degeneration and glaucoma.
Sophisticated technology allows for preventative care as well.
- The Annidis RHA retinal imaging device is the first camera to utilize LED lights to image 11 layers of the retina and inner eye. Similar to an MRI, it can detect changes in each individual layer, allowing for the earliest detection of risk for macular degeneration and cardiovascular impact on ocular health . This can pick up risk in patients under 30 as well.
- OCT- optical coherence tomography – with Optovue’s iVue is similar to a CAT scan, this instrument gives a cross-sectional scan of the retina. This is most important for early diagnosis of glaucoma and macular disease. iWellness screening allows for early detection for all of our patients 18 years and older.
- Optomap digital imaging allows for non-dilated viewing and documentation of the retinal. It allows for quick and easy assessment of retinal health in patients as young as 5 years old.
- Macuscope aids in early detection of low macular pigment, a risk factor for macular degeneration.