CooperVision’s Brilliant Futures
The Brilliant Futures myopia management program aims to create a new, improved standard of care for children with myopia. This is being achieved using CooperVision’s MiSight 1 day contact lenses.
What are MiSight Contact Lenses?
CooperVision’s MiSight 1 day contact lenses are the first and only FDA-approved product for slowing the progression of myopia in children aged 8-12 years old. In addition to correcting the child’s vision with their personal prescription so that they can see clearly, the lenses also use ActivControl technology. This combines distance correction zones with peripheral treatment zones to create a myopic retinal defocus that is proven to slow the progress of myopia.
As their name suggests, these daily, disposable contact lenses are worn for just one day before they are thrown away. This eliminates the need for fiddly and time-consuming cleaning routines and helps to optimize the health of your child’s eyes.
The Brilliant Futures Program
CooperVision’s Brilliant Futures program provides inclusive practice, child, and parent support in order to create the optimal environment for compliance, satisfaction, and better clinical outcomes. Key features of the program include:
- Transparent, defined protocol for care: this means that patient is fully aware of everything included in the program, including services and lenses.
- Free product shipping and returns: this eliminates the hassle of product-availability for the patient and makes it easy for the eye care professionals providing the products.
- An interactive mobile app: this app is designed to keep patients engaged with the practice and their program of care, giving them access to myopia management information, lens handling instructions and videos, appointment scheduling and reminders, product ordering, and more.
Brilliant Futures Only Available Via Certified Eye Care Professionals
Brilliant Futures is only going to be available via partner optometrists who have completed the necessary training. Eye care professionals who gain this certification will receive extensive support from CooperVision, including:
- Ongoing education, with access to the latest information about myopia management, insights on parent and patient behaviors and beliefs, and how these apply to prescribing MiSight - enabling the professionals to offer a truly personalized patient experience.
- Specialist support. Every certified provider is connected with a specialist in both the clinical and practice integration elements of the program, who can support them in every step of implementation.
- Myopia management toolbox. Practices will receive patient and parent education tools, staff training tools, practice integration support, and community outreach resources.
Through the implementation of the Brilliant Futures program, CooperVision believes that it’s possible to create better outcomes for children with myopia.